We lost communication when we graduated and parted ways for our next step in life "College". I always have been thinking how she's doing? Is she sick? Did she arrive home safe? When it rains my mind wanders, did my friend bring her umbrella? We were close during our first two years in high school. She was my first friend in school, since I just arrived here being new to the country and language. I could still remember her hair tied back, her face so sweet but at times could look like she would eat you when she frustrated) her eyes so innocent, she came to school with her pink and gray back pack. This girl is special, she showed me around school even thou she was a new student as well. She showed me how to do things. Yeah.... u might be thinking I must be a retard or what ever..... Things for me were different here adapting to culture and environment. My first reaction in school was, why were they staring at me? My heart started to beat so fast. My friend whispered, "Most of them are like that when they see or hear people speaking in English and you come from different country." (exact words...)As days passed, I made more friends. Anyway.... to cut the story short.Since I had a few contacts with my batch mates in high school, I asked if anyone new the where abbots of my friend. They said she was in Canada. I missed my friend, longing to have chats with her. Until, I asked another friend if she knew emails of other batch mates that are not here. She replied I do have one contact her she's is located in San Francisco working as a nurse. I thanked her for that, but still no update of my lost friend. While chatting on-line I suddenly had the urge to send out an invite to that friend in San Francisco. Wow..... she replied back. Chatting and chatting how life was treating us. My hands started to type while my tummy had a striking pain... I don’t know why. Then she replied, check out my friendster account she is listed there. I thanked her and she replied will send her an email as well.Too my surprise, I found my friend and we started to chat. First it was awkward since we hadn't communicated for years more than 10 I guess, but we both new what to say to each other. I found her at the right time and she found me as well, both longing for each others words. Till this day we make it a point to send notes and chat everyday.
Posted by wackier on 2008-03-22 00:04:04
No comments:
Post a Comment